Prev: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here...[LONG RAMBLE!!] Next: Re: Just a thought (a little long)

Supplement Survey, All List Members Please Read Carefully and Respond

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 22:20:38 -0400
Subject: Supplement Survey, All List Members Please Read Carefully and Respond

At 12:07 PM 8/28/97 +0000, Alfredo wrote:

>Is there a more scientific way to establish this?

This might be as good as we can do given the nature of the list, but...

Okay gang, there seems to be a question as to what we think should be
the
priority for supplements. Here's a quick survey. Please respond. The
more
only
once, and respond honestly.

Important Note: PLEASE RESPOND TO ME ONLY! MY E-MAIL ADDRESS IS:
agoodall@sympatico.ca

I will coallate the answers and send them to Jon as one big bundle. I
will
post the response total to the mailing list within one week. This way we
can
keep the traffic down on the list and anyone who wants anonymity can
have it
(I promise I won't tell). Also, it's more valid if we don't influence
each
other with our answers/opinions.

If everyone feels they should be on the mailing list in general, I'll
post
them after the survey is taken, but I will NOT post them while the
survey is
being conducted.

SURVEY

Given that the next GZG supplement will be the long awaited Full Thrust
Fleet Book (with the new design system and some of the new Full Thrust,
3rd
Edition rules as per Jon's recent post)...

Question #1: Please rank the following in terms of the order you would
like
to see their appearance. For instance, if you want to see Full Thrust,
3rd
Edition first, Bugs Don't Surf second, and Blood and Thunder third, you
would say, "#1 Full Thrust, #2 Bugs Don't Surf, #3 Blood and Thunder".

The supplements are:

Full Thrust, 3rd Edition - New version of FT. Includes new ship design
system, new weapons, optional vector movement rules, scenarios, campaign
rules, and "maybe even a counter sheet for little stuff like vector
markers,
missiles, debris etc..."

Bugs Don't Surf - Supplement for Dirtside II and Stargrunt 2. Includes
alien
rules for SG2 and DS2, and scenarios. Perhaps it might include a
campaign
system, predesigned vehicles, and a little bit more background stuff.

Blood and Thunder - A generic fantasy game using the FMA system. The
system
will allow battles from skirmishes up to army clashes.

Question #2: How badly do you want these supplements (please respond
with
"want it immediately", "want it within 6 months", "want it within a
year",
"want it this century", "want it whenever Jon gets it done", "don't want
it")? Note that this is in no way a measure of Jon's ability or
willingness
to produce these supplements. It is only a measure of when you would
like to
see the supplement. It is perfectly okay to answer "want it immediately"
all three, even though this is patently impossible for Jon to
accomplish.:

Full Thrust, 3rd Edition
Bugs Don't Surf
Blood and Thunder

Question #3: Regardless of what you said for question #1, are you likely
buy any of these supplements, assuming that they are priced reasonably
(please answer "yes, sight unseen", "very likely", "somewhat likely",
"somewhat unlikely", "very unlikely", "no, I won't be buying it")?:

Full Thrust, 3rd Edition
Bugs Don't Surf
Blood and Thunder

Question #4: Do you currently own one of the following games (please
answer
"yes, I own it", "no, but I'm buying it within 6 months", "no, but I'd
like
to try it some time", "no, but I've been looking for it and can't find
it",
"no, the subject doesn't interest me", "no, I tried it and didn't like
it",
"other"--with a short explanation)?:

Full Thrust
Dirtside II
Stargrunt 2

Question #5a: Regardless of your answer to question #4, do you currently
play any of the following games (please answer "frequently", "often",
"infrequently", "once", "never"):

Full Thrust
Dirtside II
Stargrunt 2

Question #5b: If you answered "infrequently", "once", or "never" to #5a,
why
don't you play more often (please answer "didn't like it", "can't find
players", "can't afford the rules and/or miniatures", "can't find the
rules
for sale", "can't find suitable miniatures for sale", "doesn't interest
me",
"other"--for other, please specify?):

Full Thrust
Dirtside II
Stargrunt 2

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here...[LONG RAMBLE!!] Next: Re: Just a thought (a little long)