Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here.. Next: Re: USCMC Minis.

Re: Changing Die Types

From: Sprayform <sprayform.dev@n...>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 04:30:59 -0400
Subject: Re: Changing Die Types

Allen at 23:09 27/08/97 -0400, you wrote:
>At 02:05 PM 8/27/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>Has anyone on the list experimented with using a different die type
than
>>a D6? I've been thinking about changing to a D10 or D20, so that I can
>>use more dice modifiers. As the system stands, you can only mess with
>>the dice rolls only so much (mods for shields, armor, etc.) so
grafting
>>"Lock-on" ECM rules is a little difficult.
>
>I haven't thought about it. The system as it is is pretty fast paced.
You
>can do a reasonably sized fleet action in 3 hours, which is what I like
>about it. I'd hate to slow it down with die mods.
>
>That having been said, you might be better off using d12s. A d12 is
simple
>to convert from a d6 (just double the numbers and round; a "6" to hit
on a
>d6 becomes an "11" or "12" to hit on a d12) and you still have room to
add
>die mods.

This is probably the best idea for all those who want many mod tables,
however you could always use  die shifts, as in SG II ,as your actual
modifier!

Jon (T.C.)
Sprayforming Developments Ltd.	      [production tools]
					   made in
				      [prototype  times]
  'The future is now'

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] Where we're going from here.. Next: Re: USCMC Minis.