Prev: USCMC Minis. Next: My favourite topic ?

Re: New weapon systems

From: "Todd \"Rogue2\" Wikel" <toddw@s...>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 21:05:05 -0400
Subject: Re: New weapon systems

John D. Hamill wrote:

> Matthew Seidl wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 27 Aug 1997 01:17:59 -0500, "John D. Hamill" writes:
> > >Christopher E. Ronnfeldt wrote:
> > >longer range, but decided that 42" was enough. Also realize that in
> the
> > >tech level system we were using shields are a passing fancy, only
> being
> > >useful when particle beam weapons rule space. At the level that the
> new
> > >lasers are introduced, most ships have shields; albeit rarely used;
> but
> > >use mostly armor and other defensive systems for protection. If you
>

> > Any chance you'll post your tech level system for all to see?
> >
> > -=- Matthew L. Seidl	    email:
> seidl@cs.colorado.edu 	       =-=
> > =-= Graduate Student		    Project . . . What
> Project?	   -=-
> > -=- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/Home.html	     -Morrow
> Quotes     =-=
> > =-= http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/lawsuit  Stop the Spammers
> cold!      -=-
> The tech level system we were working on was for a looong campaign me
> and some friends were working on. the basis of the campaign was that
> any
> race could research any type of technology, but could only specialize
> in
> a few. We incorporated all the weapons and systems we found on the
> net,
> and came up with a few of our own. The campaign never got off the
> ground
> (several people, including myself, moved away) and the tech system is
> little rough, but if you're interested I'll post what I have.

   I would be very intertested in the tech level system. I'm nearly
complete with my own and would enjoy compairing notes with your. If your
interested if playtesting my campaign system let me know.

Todd---Warbirds Ace (icigames.com), plus many, many more hobbies!!!!!!

Prev: USCMC Minis. Next: My favourite topic ?