Prev: Reviresco Starships Next: Changing Die Types

Re: New weapon systems

From: "John D. Hamill" <finnmaccool@e...>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 14:54:42 -0400
Subject: Re: New weapon systems

Matthew Seidl wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Aug 1997 01:17:59 -0500, "John D. Hamill" writes:
> >Christopher E. Ronnfeldt wrote:
> >longer range, but decided that 42" was enough. Also realize that in
the
> >tech level system we were using shields are a passing fancy, only
being
> >useful when particle beam weapons rule space. At the level that the
new
> >lasers are introduced, most ships have shields; albeit rarely used;
but
> >use mostly armor and other defensive systems for protection. If you
>
> Any chance you'll post your tech level system for all to see?
>
> -=- Matthew L. Seidl		  email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
     =-=
> =-= Graduate Student			  Project . . . What Project?
     -=-
> -=- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/Home.html	   -Morrow
Quotes	   =-=
> =-= http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/lawsuit  Stop the Spammers cold!
     -=-
The tech level system we were working on was for a looong campaign me
and some friends were working on. the basis of the campaign was that any
race could research any type of technology, but could only specialize in
a few. We incorporated all the weapons and systems we found on the net,
and came up with a few of our own. The campaign never got off the ground
(several people, including myself, moved away) and the tech system is a
little rough, but if you're interested I'll post what I have.

Prev: Reviresco Starships Next: Changing Die Types