Prev: Cammo paintin' Next: Re: Cammo paintin'

Re: Cammo paintin'

From: crawford@i... (Robert A. Crawford)
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 14:20:01 -0400
Subject: Re: Cammo paintin'

> Does anyone wish to share how they do nice cammo paint jobs
> on 1/300 and 25mm armour. Quick and not so quick techniques
> considered. Choice of colours ,reference sources.

	The quickest I've come up with is to paint the figure an
all-over dark color, say a very dark green. Then get take three
lighter colors -- a green, a brown, and a tan -- and load a big brush
like you were going to dry brush. Instead of dry brushing, peck at the
miniature.

	I did this on three of the larger Future Wars tanks, and it
looks great. From a distance it blends together to a muddy green, but
up close you can see the different colors. The dark undercoat brings
the details out beautifully.

Prev: Cammo paintin' Next: Re: Cammo paintin'