Prev: Re: GenCon: Yet another review Next: Mounting fighters

Re: GZG Online Catalogue

From: "W. Nitsche" <bnitsche@u...>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 13:13:54 -0400
Subject: Re: GZG Online Catalogue

On Wed, 20 Aug 1997, Matthew Seidl wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Aug 1997 21:28:46 +0000, "Paul Owen" writes:
>
> O.k. I have two probably dumb questions, but oh well, here goes.
>
> 2) Why the large price difference between GeoHex and GZG versions of
the ships?
>    The larger ships are of comperable price, given an exchange rate of
>    1.6 to 1.	But the smaller ships are MUCH more expensive in the
>    States.  Is this some strange conspierence to bring about the NAC?
or
>    is there something I don't know?

Geo-hex provides a metal stand with clockface and rear arc (or front,
depending on how you want it) for each of the ships in the pack.
Personally, I'd rather have it done the UK way with the Geo-hex stand
available separately as the stands are overkill for anything smaller
than
a battlecruiser.  But they DO look very nice.  They also package the
minis
in a blister pack which increases the cost a bit.  And you have to take
in
account licensing fees, shipping the master molds to the US and such.

For what you get, the pricing structure isn't bad, though it breaks down
with some of the ships, cruisers and fighters in particular.  In fact,
the prices on the dreadnaughts and carriers are probably a little
cheaper
in the US when you take in account the exchange rate.

A temporally displaced		Bill Nitsche (bnitsche@u.washington.edu)
	hobbit			Oceanography, University of Washington

Prev: Re: GenCon: Yet another review Next: Mounting fighters