Prev: Re: GenCon: Yet another review Next: SGII campaigns

Re: Wet Thrust/Full Steam Playtest

From: Rob Paul <rpaul@w...>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 23:02:03 -0400
Subject: Re: Wet Thrust/Full Steam Playtest

At 09:06 PM 8/20/97 -0400, you wrote:
>At 03:00 AM 8/20/97 +0000, you wrote:
>>Here's some stuff from Conway's on pre-dreadnought armour:
>
>Rob, that's great information. Any idea what armour was used (in
general) on
>British and German ships during WWI? I'm assuming it was Harvey and
Krupp
>armour respectively. I'm going to use these figures to adjust my
>Russo-Japanese war stats for General Quarters.
>
>Allan Goodall:  agoodall@sympatico.ca

I don't have the 1906-21 volume but I _think_  pretty much everyone was
making their armour by the Krupp process by WWI- certainly the
London/Implacable/Duncan classes of predreads were using KC, and
"1860-1906"
says the Americans were quick to adopt Harvey and slow to adopt Krupp
armour.  I also recall a "whose BB is best" thread a while ago on
sci.military.naval, in which one poster quoted post WW2 tests on BB
armour.
These apparently found that for a given thickness of plate, Japanese
armour
was much poorer than US, and that German and British plate was
significantly
better (I think the latter two were about equal).

cheers,
Rob

"
Rob Paul
Dept. of Zoology
University of Oxford
South Parks Road
Oxford
(01865) 271124

rpaul@worf.molbiol.ox.ac.uk

Once again, villainy is rotting meat before the maggots of justice!
"

Prev: Re: GenCon: Yet another review Next: SGII campaigns