Prev: Starblazers game -- info needed Next: Re: Starship Troopers & Armour

Re: SG2 questions

From: Tom Pope <tpope@c...>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 15:33:56 -0400
Subject: Re: SG2 questions

Ground Zero Games wrote:

> >Just picked up DS2 and SG2.	Was playing our first game of SG2 when
> we
> >came to some quirky things in the rules.
> >1st. When making a close assault you roll combat movement(2d6 in this
>
> >case). Only one of my marines(using our 40k stuff right now. Have
> some of
> >the fine SG2 figs on order) made contact.
>
> The attacking unit moves as a whole (one combat move roll for them
> all, not
> individual rolls per figure) - if the group moves far enough that its
> lead
> figures get into contact, then the whole unit has made it.

That brings up an interesting ambiguity in the rules.  The rules state
the a squad MAY make a combat movement roll when first going into clost
combat and MUST make a combat movement roll when executing a "follow
through" after a sucessful close combat.

Should it be written that the attacking unit MUST make a combat movement
roll before entering close combat, or can they just make their normal
movement if they wish?

Tom

--
Thomas Pope
Human Computer Interaction Institute

Prev: Starblazers game -- info needed Next: Re: Starship Troopers & Armour