Prev: Re: LotGH to FT ideas? Next: Re: LotGH to FT ideas?

Re: LotGH to FT ideas?

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 1997 22:58:48 -0400
Subject: Re: LotGH to FT ideas?

R. Souza wrote:

> Mark A. Siefert wrote:
>
> > Hello:
> >	    It's late my time and I am working on what will eventually
> > become my
> > Legends of the Galactic Heroes rules for Full Thrust.  I was
wondering

> > if there were any other LotGH fans out there who might want to
> > collaberate on this?  If so, let me know.
> >
> > Later,
> > Mark s.
>
> No prob....here's some ideas which I've come up with on the
conversions-

> *There are LOTS of ships ina LoGH battle!  The average fleet consists
of
> something along the lines of 60,000 ships.  Sixty THOUSAND!  It might
be
> worth building most of the smaller ships as pseudo-fighter groups.
You
> do this by noting that counter X is a Frigate Group of ten ships with
> 10xA batteries, 20xC batteries, total thrust 6, and about 12-18 points
> of damage plus level 1 screens.  For every two points of damage, you
> lose a ship and a A battery and 2 C batteries.  Individual ships
should
> be confined to cruisers, battleships, and command ships(aka "named"
> ships).

	I do like this idea.  The question is how can it be used and not
abused.

> *LoGH ships seem to depend a lot on armor and less on screens.  I
might
> restrict any but "named" ships to only level one screens, but all
ships
> can have up to level 3 armor.

	One thing I noticed about LotGH screens is that they seem to
just cover
the forward arc of the ship.  The tops, flanks, bellies, and rear tend
to be uncovered.

> *Most of the LoGH ships have a great deal of firepower forward.  From
> what I've seen in the series, FPA ships have LOTS of A and B-class
> batteries forward with average fire-control.	Imperial ships seem to
> rely on more powerful batteries(AA and A-class) with much better
FiCon.

	Single arc A's and B's.

> Ships do have side guns, but they aren't as powerful as the massive
> bruiser arrays up front.

	C or B batteries I'd guess.

>Missles are used, but not very often.

	They seem to use them in surprise attack situations and en masse
(like
all anime tends to).

> *LoGH ships rely a lot on fighters and gunships.  You might have
> fighters numbering in the low hundred thousand in the average fleet
> engagment.  They do also have a variety of fighter types, but three
> average fighters can down a cruiser!	But cruiser guns are pretty
> effective against fighters, too.

	Maybe if we double the amount of fighters that you can buy for 6
Mass
and 20 Points?

> *LoGH works on firepower, but also the will of the commanders and
> overall fleet cohesiveness.  A number of episodes have Yang Wendi
> defeating superior fleets because he's got both better strategy and a
> willigness to think on his feet and change plans when the previous
plan
> is useless.  Rules for commanders might be in order here.

	I like this idea.  Of course the we have to differenicate
between good
commanders and those who are REALLY GOOD.  Adm. Mittenmeyer (aka The
Gale Wolf) maybe a good tactican, but he's no Rhinehardt Von
Lonhengramm.

> More ideas when I come up with them.

Later,
Mark S.