Prev: Re: Off topic Rugby thing. Next: RE: Application Implementation Holy Wars, PLUS!!!

Re: Knight Hawks miniatures

From: Binhan Lin <Binhan.Lin@U...>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 12:51:39 -0400
Subject: Re: Knight Hawks miniatures

On Fri, 15 Aug 1997, Allan Goodall wrote:

> The Sathar ships are a bit different. The capital ship is about 4 or
5"
> long. It has a large central section that's essentially a large blob.
A boom
> leads to a small, flat but round bridge section. A small cylinder
extends
> out the back of the blob. From here, there are eight Star Trek like
engine
> nacelles that are attached in pairs to engine pilons. The pilons form
an X
> shape when looked at from the rear of the ship. The cruiser is bug
like with
> a small rounded head, a long neck boom, a "thorax" and an "abdomen".
Two
> engine pilons hold a round (classic Enterprise looking) engine
nacelle. The
> escort ship has a body section, a boom and rounded bridge section, and
two
> small engines hanging off one pilon each. The boxed set also includes
> pirate scout ship and a pirate cruiser. The cruiser is a classic
rocket
> shape with two "guns" attached on either side.

This set is actually very good with moderate modification.  The Sathar
capital ship comes in 2 mainbody sections and pylons witht the engines.
This can be modified into 2 capital ships with the front half requiring
no
modification or slight modification (I put an main engine nozzle where
it
normally attaches to the back half)  The rear half, now without a decent
bridge I attached a Sculpey disk and depending on your tastes you can
add
2 or 3 pylons.	2 pylons gives an Enterprise effect and 3 gives a more
airplane look.	Final size fo each half is about 3".  The Sathar
cruisers
are excellent without modification although a bit lacking in detail, but
then that's what paint is for.

--Binhan

Prev: Re: Off topic Rugby thing. Next: RE: Application Implementation Holy Wars, PLUS!!!