Prev: RE: Berets and elites.. Next: Re: Another GenCon Review, FT Dice, and the GZG games

Re: Hammer's Slammers [VERY LONG POST!]

From: campbelr@p...
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 09:11:39 -0400
Subject: Re: Hammer's Slammers [VERY LONG POST!]

 Joe Banderet <bigjoe@aeroinc.net> wrote:

> This is really GREAT information!!  Just out of curiosity, is there a
> "Galactic Governing Body" like an Empire, Federation, etc., etc. in
the
> 'Hammer's Slammers" universe?  If so, I assume they're as well armed
as
> Hammer's boys.  And if this is true, do Hammer's Slammers ever mix it
up
> with them?

As far as I've seen in the books, and short story's, the Galexy  of
HS is very much like todays Earth. Very Balkeniozed with no central
ruling authority, though there are worlds and orginizations which
have the power to influance, co-erce, or bully the other worlds.
(Terra, as mentioned in "Rolling Hot", the Mercenary Bonding
Authority, etc)

One book set in the HS universe but not staring, or even mentioning
HS is "the Forlorn Hope". It has quite a few insites on what it's
like to be a mercenary unit without Hammers budget or reputation.  In
it you also discover that "Terran" technology is greatly
feared/respected throughout the galaxy.  You also discover that
Starships can transit inside an atmosphere, and see an example of
Starship "transit bombing" techniquie.	(..and the dangeers there of
:)

All in all a very good read too.

Randy
Randy Campbell

For Something Out of This World
Check Out:  http://www.millennial.org

Prev: RE: Berets and elites.. Next: Re: Another GenCon Review, FT Dice, and the GZG games