Prev: Re: GenCon Mailing List Game Review Next: Re: Computer System Survey

Re: Eldar in DSII

From: Andy Skinner <askinner@a...>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 08:51:16 -0400
Subject: Re: Eldar in DSII

Allan Goodall wrote:

> At 11:03 AM 8/14/97 +0000, you wrote:
> >
> >Nope. SLAM.
> >
> >My Whirlwind stats are something like this: Size 3. SLAM/3 in turret.
> >Capacity for 5 troops. (Should be 10 I know, but that would mean size
> >4.) Free APSW.
>
> Sounds like mine. The Whirlwind is definitely a SLAM vehicle.
I would agree, except that I just don't like the SLAM weapon.
I'd rather work like a small-radius artillery, than if you hit one
you can try for the other.  And I thought it ought to be more
usable against infantry.  But I haven't looked at those rules
for a long time.

Also, the Whirlwind looks like it has a limited number of
missiles.  A SLAM is a whole salvo of missiles, and I don't see
how that thing would get reloaded.  Or are there a bunch of rockets
in each tube, and I just see the front of the first one and the
tail of the last one?

andy
askinner@avs.com

Prev: Re: GenCon Mailing List Game Review Next: Re: Computer System Survey