Prev: Re: Eldar in DSII Next: Re: Eldar in DSII

Re: Legends of the Galactic Heroes... WOW!

From: Adrian Bruce <adrian@i...>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 06:02:06 -0400
Subject: Re: Legends of the Galactic Heroes... WOW!

Mark A. Siefert wrote:

 Dean had made me (and Mike Miserendino) a copy of the
> first 8 hours of the "Legends of the Galatic Heroes" series.

>	  ....I was spellbound!

In Japan this is quite old and called 'Ginga-Eiyu-Densetsu'. ..... there
are 29 VHS
tapes of the series in the local video rental store (!!!)........ ( all
in Japanese only of
course)

>	  The story is fantastic, the ships look great, and the fleet
combat
> sequences where breathtaking.  I love this show.  If only some
> enterprising individual could bring it to the states, the anime/sci-fi
> crowd would be eternally greatful.
>	  Right now I am pondering on ways to create LotGH rules for
Full
> Thrust.

There was/is a company making resin models of the ships from this
series, each
from 2" to 6" long ...... the prices started at 5,800 yen each ( $US50!)
for the
small ones.... makes metal minis look cheap.

--
	Adrian Bruce   adrian@inetc.roland.co.jp
	    SF2D&I http://www.inetc.roland.co.jp/~adrian/

Prev: Re: Eldar in DSII Next: Re: Eldar in DSII