Prev: Re: Off topic Rugby thing. Next: Re: Eldar in DSII

Re: Eldar in DSII

From: Andy Skinner <askinner@a...>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 14:48:45 -0400
Subject: Re: Eldar in DSII

First, I'm the guy who posts every 6 months or so how I'm about to
start converting to SGII, and then give up and stick with what I
know.  :-)  I should go ahead and push through my DS2 stats, but I'm
looking forward to using bigger armies than I was able to do in
SM ed 2 (because of time), and I think I'll have to use E40K for that.

Steve Pugh wrote:
> Eldar: as they are the most technologically advanced race in the
> 40,000 universe I give them enhanced or superior firecons, lots of
> ECM and stealth. I don't give them any PDS as there's none on the
> model and as they have good ECM to protect them.
Do any of the GW conversions use GMS?  Is it worth it giving anybody
ECM?  I wasn't going to bother with ECM since I couldn't think of
many weapons it was going to have to counter, assuming the models
were to be used against other conversions of GW models.  I did plan
to convert the models as I saw them, not as what GW said, so I
didn't feel a need to come up with pop-ups for grav tanks.  And I
think the old Land Raider just looks like it oughta have DFFGs.  :-)

I did feel I was going to have to break some things for GW figures.
I don't like the restriction for fixed mount tanks, especially on
a maneuverable grav tank like an old Falcon.  GW minis look like
they need to be able to shoot more than one thing at a time--I was
going to let all vehicles buy multiple fire controls like the
oversize vehicles.  But I'd give them different ratings, and assign
each weapon to a different FC, and each FC could fire 1 weapon
(unless mounted together like in normal DSII).	I thought about
letting vehicles with fixed mounts break the rule about having a
weapon size no bigger than the vehicle size (or size+1, I forget).

I've got a number of articles I've collected from this group (Allan,
Oerjan) or web pages about this.

I actually bought the 2nd ed Space Marine box as a big box of plastic
minis for DSII, which I had not played at the time.  Then, when my
friend and I were going to play a game, I thought the SM rules were
simpler, so we started with that.  I've only played DSII once, at
Origins with Steve Gibson running a game.

andy
askinner@avs.com

Prev: Re: Off topic Rugby thing. Next: Re: Eldar in DSII