Prev: Hammer's Slammers Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Salvo Missiles etc.

Off topic Rugby thing.

From: Stuart Murray <smurray@a...>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 13:01:31 -0400
Subject: Off topic Rugby thing.

Sorry to be picky her BUT

>I think this also applies to other areas.  I heard a story about an
American
>attending school in Britain, who was introduced to rugby.  At one point
the
>Amercian simply threw a pass downfield, American-football style.  This
caused
>quite a consternation among the other players.  He was told that while
such a
>move was not technically illegal, it is just simply "not done".

This was against the rules, it would count as a forward pass, hence not
allowed.  Even if he threw it from a line out then if he could then he
could throw it the width of the pitch just as long he threw it straight
otherwise it would be foul.

Stuart.

Stuart Murray

Department Of Molecular Genetics
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx
New York 10461

Tel: (718) 430 4289
smurray@aecom.yu.edu

Prev: Hammer's Slammers Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Salvo Missiles etc.