Prev: Re: GenCon Next: Re: The Evil Empire revised.

Dirtside Lite redux

From: david@w... (David Brewer)
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 17:10:21 -0400
Subject: Dirtside Lite redux

In message <199708120430.AAA22045@smtp2.sympatico.ca> Allan Goodall
writes:
> At 11:13 PM 8/11/97 +0000, Peter Ramos wrote:
> >
> >Having recently played Dirtside II, I was wondering if a full
conversion
> >of all epic models to DSII. I've seen some attempts posted on some
web
> >pages and that has wetted my appetite to try this out.
> >
> >Is there any interest for such a thing?
>
> I think so.

I've said it before, but since we have Tuffers following the
discusions, I'll say it again. I think it would profit GZG to
write a stripped-down version of DS2 and hand it around gratis
on the 'net. The lite version should be written on the assumption
that the players will be using existing GW Epic models, so, eg.
there's no need to include vehicle design rules, just a table of
Epic vehicles and their stats and be in general somewhat
abbreviated.

If people enjoyed the game, it would seem like a natural
progression to buy a proper copy.

> I've sent several people my Marine and Ork conversions. Not
> everyone agreed with them, though. My philosophy was to stick with DS2
as
> the main basis and adapt the GW background/minis/etc. to it, rather
than the
> other way around.
>
> I ended up building the vehicles as per the DS2 rules. This resulted
in a
> Land Raider that couldn't transport troops.

Oh, pshaw. A Landraider is about the size of three 6mm double-
deck buses welded side-by-side, with two size 1's on each side
and two APSW on top. Surely you can fit a *few* stands of
infantry into what must be a size 5 vehicle...?

--
David Brewer

"Richard did and said nothing about the princes, and thereby confirmed
the general belief that he had had them put to death (a belief since
accepted by the great majority of historians)." - Prof. Charles Ross

Prev: Re: GenCon Next: Re: The Evil Empire revised.