Prev: RE: Scratchbuilt Fleets Next: GenCon

Re: The Evil Empire revised.

From: Peter Ramos <pramos1@i...>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 12:50:10 -0400
Subject: Re: The Evil Empire revised.

Hi!

> Sure.  I have a large Epic Ork and a large Epic Chaos army that I find
are
> collecting dust at the moment.  But I think for a conversion to be
fully
> effective, some "Epic only" rules would be in order to tweak them a
little.
> Just to allow for the more unusual units to be used without too much
> modification.  I've tried a few myself, but they are a little less
than
> satifying.  I play Epic for the fantasy/sci-fi escape and play DSII
for the
> realism and grittiness of the game.
>
> But if you can come up with a balance that works, let me know!
>
> -Kelvin.....

I thought long on this particular point and came up with the following:

1. It seems that the DSII pricing system doesn't take into account the
training level of troops so I have added some extra numbers to the
equation so as to make these infantry stands more or less expensive
depending on training level.

2. Special forms of infantry movement such as jump packs,etc will have
an increased unit prices as if they were mounts (which in a sense they
are)as well as their effects in the game.

3.Infantry types need be expanded to: militia, line, powered armor,
extra powered armor troops and troops with fixed saves in regular epic.
A fourth category being scouts that have several different tasks like
artillery spotting and hidden movement.

In essence I will try to capture a pieces significance in background
terms but with the logic behind the DSII system which will mean some
units from epic with strange rules (if not downright ridiculous) will
have to be "tweaked" to conform at least some approximate DSII rule.

Peter

Prev: RE: Scratchbuilt Fleets Next: GenCon