Prev: Re: damn super dreadnoughts Next: RE: damn super dreadnoughts

RE: damn super dreadnoughts

From: kx.henderson@q... (Kelvin)
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 18:16:52 -0400
Subject: RE: damn super dreadnoughts

>> My personal method is to use a salvo of needle missiles to target
>> the screens to start with & then lay in with privateers or lancers.
>> I've found that once that first screen goes down, the ship usually
>> follows shortly after..........
>>
>> A single salvo of 3 Needle missiles should usually do the trick, on
>> average, only one will be shot down & you have 2 x 50% chances of
>> destroying a shield (which cannot be repaired by Damage control
>> parties).
>>
>	Bagh, forget the Needles and go for EMP missiles instead.  Take
down
>the dread's shields AND weapons at the same time.

But the EMP missiles are very much effected by the screens while the
needles
aren't.  Possibly use an initial volley of needles and then some EMPs
for
some real damage?

But the best would have to be the Nova Cannon and the Wave guns.  Try a
cruiser armed with a cloaking device and a Wave Gun.  Keep it cloaked
for a
while till you get close-ish (as Dreads are inevitably slow, it
shouldn't
bee too hard to work out where it will be when you decloak), decloak
(and
hope you are near it) and then let rip with the Wave gun.  Thump.
Hurty.
It can work well if done right.  I know cause I've had it done to me.

-Kelvin.....

	    "But, that is a lie."
	 "Yes.	What's your point?"
       -Bester and Sinclair, Babylon 5
       email:  kx.henderson@qut.edu.au

Prev: Re: damn super dreadnoughts Next: RE: damn super dreadnoughts