Prev: Re: damn super dreadnoughts Next: Modified Hit/Damage System

Re: damn super dreadnoughts

From: Peggy & Jeff Shoffner <pshoffner@e...>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 13:54:20 -0400
Subject: Re: damn super dreadnoughts

Joachim Heck - SunSoft wrote:

> Christopher Pratt writes:
> @:) Ok, new question...
> @:)
> @:) whats the best way to down a superdreadnought, much like the one
> @:) from the FT rule book, aside from another superdreadnought.  and
> @:) don't tell me massed beam fire because it has 3 screens and i
> @:) tried a strike crusier from the MT rules book, the one with 2
> @:) pulse torps, the dreadnought gutted with a single salvo before it
> @:) go anywhere near torp range.....

One thing we've recently encountered was Cap. ship to Cap. ship
broadsiding.
 (we practically blew away all of the smaller ships in the first five
rounds)
Even with a bunch of A batteries at close range, having to roll sixes is
very
trying.  However, one person had a pulse torpedo mounted on a
dreadnought;
couple of hits with that at close range, and usually a shield goes down.

Only other thought is steal technology from the Kra'Vak and mount rail
guns
on a cap ship and broadside with that!

Jeff Shoffner

Prev: Re: damn super dreadnoughts Next: Modified Hit/Damage System