Prev: Re: gencon Next: Re: Ship Prefix's

Re: Starship Troopers & Armour

From: Paul Calvi <tanker@r...>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 16:21:02 -0400
Subject: Re: Starship Troopers & Armour

I basically agree with the below and the other comment to add in
Hammer's
Slammers to the list. Armor, though, I think, does a better job of the
other two of putting the reader in the middle of combat against an alien
enemy; I think it really gets your heart going.

Paul

At 02:44 PM 8/2/97 +1000, you wrote:
>So, in summary: (and in order of preference)
>
>1) Starship Troopers (Lighter, more optimistic, good tactics etc)
>2) The Forever War  (Grimmer, but still somewhat upbeat - still good
>tactics)
>3) Armour - (Unremittingly grim, a bit much so for my taste, but well
>written anyway, but no tactics to speak of)

-----
Paul J. Calvi Jr.
tanker@rahul.net

"Objective, Offense, Mass, Economy of Force, Maneuver, Unity of Command,
Security, Surprise, Simplicity"

15SEP16

Prev: Re: gencon Next: Re: Ship Prefix's