Prev: Re: SG2 questions Next: WT ship diagrams

Re: Starship Troopers & Armour

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+@C...>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 09:20:06 -0400
Subject: Re: Starship Troopers & Armour

Excerpts from FT: 2-Aug-97 Starship Troopers & Armour by Robbie
Matthews@netinfo.
> "Armour" is mainly a psycho-drama. Very dark and moody. All the
military
> action takes place on the one planet, and you get very little in the
way
> of an overview on the war - in fact, I never gained the slightest idea
> what the fighting was all about.

Hmm, you should go back & re-read.  (Well, OK, maybe not, but I do
periodically....)  Anyway, they drop a comment that the bugs hit Earth
itself a while back, IIRC someplace in South America.  I think it's near
the start of the book, part of the comments on why they're there, or it
may be in a Jack Crow section.	(Yeah -- *that* narrows it down a whole
lot....)
<ahem>

Anyway, the ground fighting was all about wiping out the potential
threat to Earth.  Just one comment on this: while I realize that missile
guidance systems didn't work in Banshee atmosphere, I can't believe that
saturation nuclear bombing wouldn't do the trick.  (What was that
comment again?	No problem is so bad it can't be solved by a sufficient
application of high explosive? ^_- )

All in all, I agree with your rankings, though when I'm in the mood for
individual hero-work Armor comes out on top.

Later,

		    Aaron Teske
		    Mithramuse+@cmu.edu

Prev: Re: SG2 questions Next: WT ship diagrams