Prev: Counters you may find useful.. Next: Re: SG2 questions

Re: SG2 questions

From: "Steve Pugh" <mafb90@p...>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 06:19:35 -0400
Subject: Re: SG2 questions

Sutherland wrote:
>  1st. When making a close assault you roll combat movement(2d6 in
> this	case). Only one of my marines(using our 40k stuff right now.
> Have	some of the fine SG2 figs on order) made contact.  Can I opt
> to suck  up the fire to get my second move action?  Can other
> units nearby	take reaction shots if it takes me 2 moves to get
> into close  assault?

I think you're doing it wrong. My reading of the rules, (page 41,
about two thirds of the way down the first column) is that so long as
one of your squad can make it into contact, you put the whole squad
into close assault. So no need to take fire unless NONE of your
troops have made contact.

I think only the actual defenders can fire on your troops.

>  2nd.  3 marines made contact and defeated each of their
> opponents. As we read the rules the losing unit makes a threat roll
> equal to their LV + # of casualties(3 in this case). The losing
> unit needed a 6+ and made it.  Next we fight another round of close
> assault. Do I just beat the snot out of the wounded guys some more?
>  We said that the losing unit auto failed the treat roll but is
> this correct?

No the wounded guys are down. (Page 42.) You fight the other members
of the opposing squad.

> (support wpns are handy)  If I have a unit with 2 SAWs can I use
> both in support of small arms combat?

Yes.

> Also it seemed quite easy to
> transfer actions to sub-units. Is this the way it is supposed to be?

I wouldn't know. Remember the communicatiob roll.

	Steve

--
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
 Attack ships on fire off the shores of Orion...

Prev: Counters you may find useful.. Next: Re: SG2 questions