Prev: Thanks Next: RE: Ship's Python

Re: OFF-TOPIC mini review B5 Wars (Designers Comments)

From: Peggy & Jeff Shoffner <pshoffner@e...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 17:36:24 -0400
Subject: Re: OFF-TOPIC mini review B5 Wars (Designers Comments)

> The Really interesting bit is the phenomenon of Precession. Changing
the
> direction of things that are rotating is very difficult. They do odd,
> counter-intuitive things. Try some experiments at home, and you'll see
> what I mean......

I do believe you're right! I've never thought about it, but after
watching
Bill Nye the Science Geek explaining angular momentum, and if you push
on a
gyroscope's axle it will move 90 degrees to the actual direction of
force,
etc. it makes sense.  Hmmm, guess that makes spinning spaceships for
articial
gravity a bit ridiculous.....

Jeff Shoffner

Prev: Thanks Next: RE: Ship's Python