Prev: Apologies to All Next: Re: Artificial Intelligence

Re: Table positioning, etc...

From: Peggy & Jeff Shoffner <pshoffner@e...>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 00:21:51 -0400
Subject: Re: Table positioning, etc...

> @:) Agreed. Why do you need a relative grid on a table? For a PBEM
> @:) game, yes.  For a miniatures game, no. Simply make turns relative
> @:) to the ship's heading.....
>
>   Since nobody else is standing up for their principles, I feel
> compelled to note that....

>   The real issue, as flogged previously, is whether ships may or may
> not turn in increments of anything other than thirty degrees.....

Well, I didn't realize I'd open up an old wound by saying I play on a
grid
table, however, in response to Mikko (?) and the rest, we play on a
gridded
table simple because it's the biggest flat surface we have to play on,
short
of using the floor.  Sorry there isn't a "higher" meaning to why we play
on a
gridded table.

As for table positioning, we mainly use it to keep all the ships
pointing in
relative positioning to each other. Yes, we follow the strict 30 degree
turns
only thought, mainly because we haven't played enough to get involved
enough
to say, "Gee, if my Super-Duper Jugger-Nought was turned only 18 1/2
degrees
instead of 30, I could use my ultra high-tech discombobulator on eight
ships
instead of seven....."

Jeff Shoffner

Prev: Apologies to All Next: Re: Artificial Intelligence