Prev: Re: Ship Prefix's Next: Re: Ship Prefix's

Re: Direct Fire Artillery - Thanks!

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 11:14:25 -0400
Subject: Re: Direct Fire Artillery - Thanks!

At 02:36 PM 7/30/97 PDT, Nils wrote:
>I was the original poster of the question about Direct Fire Artillery
>that spawned such a lively discussion.  I wanted to thank everyone for
>your responses & information.	The discussion has been very
>informative & helpful.

	I spoke to a Marine Corps Artillery Officer here.  He says the
Marines
love to fire in Direct mode because the gun crew leader (a corpral) gets
aim and shoot the gun without the direction of the fire control officer.
They take every opportunity they can find to shoot direct fire missions.
He says the effect of a barrage by an entire battery is very impressive
and
the beaten zone is a line at a designated range from the battery...

Prev: Re: Ship Prefix's Next: Re: Ship Prefix's