Prev: Re: One more thing about Star Blazers. Next: One more thing about Star Blazers.

Re: StarBlazers (off topic)

From: "Mark A. Siefert" <cthulhu@c...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 08:38:05 -0400
Subject: Re: StarBlazers (off topic)

Paul Calvi wrote:

> With all the talk about B5 Wars I'd thought I'd stick in a reminder
that
> Mushashi Ent.'s StarBlazer's game will ship next month. The game is
> designed for a hex map with ship counters but will have a line of
minis as
> well (although the largest mini is about the size of a FT cruiser).

		Funny you should mention it.  I was involved in one last
playtest
before the game goes to the printers.  So far the system looks very
good.  The only problem is that the game we played last night (33 EDF
ships Vs. 37 White Comet Empire ships) degenerated into confussion.  If
you do get the game, I reccomend you keep the number of  ships down to a
battle ship, a couple of cruisers and a few flotillas of destroyers
and/or frigates.
	I played EDF last night, and I discovered that they are governed
by two
major tactics:
	1.  Hold back until your wave motion cannons are charged.
	2.  Stick together.
	Unfortunetly the EDF (which I was a part of) started breaking
off into
groups and we got out butts kicked.

Later,
Mark S.
from his cell in White Comet City.

Prev: Re: One more thing about Star Blazers. Next: One more thing about Star Blazers.