Prev: Re: Ship Prefixes (was: Re: Ship Prefix's) Next: Re: Off topic-KryoMek

Re: Ship Prefixes WAY OFF TOPIC

From: Joachim Heck - SunSoft <jheck@E...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 17:27:28 -0400
Subject: Re: Ship Prefixes WAY OFF TOPIC

Stuart Murray writes:

@:) I don't think all of the net intends to spell badly, I know I
@:) don't, its just I'm a bad typist !

  Actually there's a difference between typoists and chronic
mispellers.  I think the net has its fair share of most - far more
than one would otherwise expect to see when reading typewritten
material.  Anyway typos don't usually bother me although they
sometimes make text difficult to understand.  On rec.motorcycles,
where the typing is fast and furious, "the" is only not spelled "teh"
by rank novices.  On the other hand, mispellings generally show that
the person doing the typing can't tell the difference between the
multiple spellings.  Prefix's as opposed to prefixes.  You're or
they're confused with your and their or there.	Which witch is which?
That sort of thing.

  Worst of all are people, like one of my bosses, who combine both.
First he mispells words so that his writing is confusing but
intelligible.  But then he makes tons of typos, so that his already
mispelled words are now mistyped!  The net result is that about one
sentence in a hundred is completely unintelligible - literally it is
impossible to determine what he was trying to say.

-joachim

Prev: Re: Ship Prefixes (was: Re: Ship Prefix's) Next: Re: Off topic-KryoMek