Prev: Re: Cleaning epoxy off Next: Re: Table positioning, etc...

Re: Ship Prefix's

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 23:02:39 -0400
Subject: Re: Ship Prefix's

At 11:26 PM 7/25/97 +0100, you wrote:

>I've always reckoned the NSL use something like KRS, for
Kriegsraumschiffe,
>literally "Space Warship", but probably some native German speakers on
the
>list will be able to either correct my schoolboy German or suggest
>something better.
>For the FSE, ESU etc, all suggestions welcome!

I seem to remember (as a kid, for a story I was writing) deducing that
"hovertank" in German would be "schwebepanzer" or (more accurately)
"schwebepanzerkampfwagen". I'd imagine that the NSL would use this term
for
their GEVs.

Hmm, but we were talking ships weren't we. Never mind.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: Cleaning epoxy off Next: Re: Table positioning, etc...