Prev: Sentient versus Sapient (hopefully my last word on AI) Next: Re: OFF-TOPIC mini review B5 Wars (Designers Comments)

Valiant Stardate:3000 (was Re: Minis Update)

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 23:02:23 -0400
Subject: Valiant Stardate:3000 (was Re: Minis Update)

At 01:50 PM 7/23/97 -0400, Mike wrote:

>*Stardate:3000
>I recently spoke to the folks at Valiant Enterprises regarding the
>re-release of the old Stardate:3000 line of starship minis.  The rep
said
>their stock was currently empty(of which I tried ordering 8 kits prior
:( ),
>but they will be remastering the molds by the end of summer and restart
>production once again.

Wow, talk about syncronicity. Um, you guys are probably going to hit me
for
this, but a friend of mine gave me a bunch of these figs. Actually a lot
of
these figs. For free. I've got 6 Intruder class scouts, 6 Vigilante
class
interceptors, 8 Phantom class assault ships, 4 Draco class destroyers, 2
Aries class escort cruisers, 1 Perseus class cruiser, and 1 Orion class
heavy cruiser.

The really neat stuff are the alien ships: 6 interceptor sized ships, 3
destroyers, 3 escort cruisers, and 3 cruisers. These are pretty ugly
ships,
which makes them interesting by today's standards.

They're a bit smaller than FT figures. The scout to assault ship classes
are
"pursuit ships" and start about the size of a large FT fighter up to a
very
tiny corvette. The other classes are lumped together as
"battlecruisers."
They are about the size of a FT cruiser. Due to the size, I'd say they
are
probably MORE flexible than the "usual" sized ships. They could easily
be
used at 1" = 1" or 1" = 1cm scales.

Does anyone have any information about the alien ships? My friend bought
them when they were first released (I've got them dated at about 1978;
yes
they are older than some list members!). The lead is in good shape, with
only the barest hint of "lead rust." Only one set of Phantoms are in
their
original baggie. I have two sets of human ship assembly instructions but
nothing for the aliens. I'd like to know what classes were released for
the
alien ships. Anyone have any ideas, or the URL of a sight with these
ships
on them?

Also, does anyone (Mike?) have any idea as to when Valiant plans to
re-release them? Will they be the same size, or will they do new models
and
up size them?

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.