Prev: Re: Mini Figs Tip; Number Two... Next: Sentient versus Sapient (hopefully my last word on AI)

Re: B5 Wars miniatures

From: Jim Bell & Christine Hartig <jnbell@i...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 22:55:12 -0400
Subject: Re: B5 Wars miniatures

Thanks for the forward.  Please forward this.

> Subject: B5 Wars miniatures
> Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 08:52:52 -0300 (ADT)
> From: tmcarth@fox.nstn.ns.ca (Tom McCarthy)
> To: FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
>
> Well, I got some B5 Wars miniatures yesterday.  I may be one of the
very few
> in Ottawa who will get any this week; the local retailer likes the
info I've
> given him on the game, so he held his whole first shipment until I got
> there, and I and Jim bought everything but the Minbari flyers.
>
> The first thing that jumps out at me is these will be fragile compared
to my
> other miniatures.  Ral Partha fantasy swords and rapiers come to mind
as
> being a bit more durable.  Secondly, they'll be hard to mount on
stands.
> The Narns and Centauri fighters are clearly very thin and I don't
think I'll
> be drilling deeper mounting holes.

The fragility of the minis is an issue we are working on.
Unfortunately, in order to fix the problem we have to resculpt pretty
much all of the miniatures as it is an issue with the masters.	The
reason they are the way they are is that we wished to keep them
dimensionally correct and many of the fighters are rather thin.  I had
hoped that some of the minor changes we made to strenghten them would be
enough but it has become apparent that that is not the case.  Slowly, as
we get the time, we will be fixing the delicacy problem as well as
making some other minor changes to them.  As customers, you will not
notice these changes except to perhaps note that a fighter looks a
little differnt from what they use to look like.  When we do the thicker
masters, there will not be a price increase because we have to use a
little extra metal.

BTW: Everyone in Canada should be getting fully stocked within about a
week.  There was a mix up on our end on Canadian order as we had thought
our warehouse had shipped them two weeks ago but had not and failed to
tell us this until yesterday.

Hope you like the minis other than the fragility.

Robert
--
Agents of Gaming: Designing the Next Generation of Games
New web site!  http://www.agentsofgaming.com

Prev: Re: Mini Figs Tip; Number Two... Next: Sentient versus Sapient (hopefully my last word on AI)