Prev: Re: Mini Figs Tip; Number Two..... Next: Re: Mini Figs Tip; Number Two.....

Re: Mini Figs Tip; Number Two.....

From: Andy Skinner <askinner@a...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 14:24:45 -0400
Subject: Re: Mini Figs Tip; Number Two.....

Kevin Walker wrote:
> Another option is to fill the old hole with putty, then drill, using a
pin
> vise, out a new hole in the hardened fill at the proper width of the
> mounting pole/wire.

I had a tube of putty that I finally threw away.  It smelled terrible,
and had warnings all over it to not breathe it.  It was hard to
form, mostly because I didn't want to touch it with my fingers
because of all the warnings.  Is there a putty that is easy to
use and doesn't produce toxic fumes?

I've seen the suggestions made about using baking soda and super-glue
(not that I want to breathe that, either) for filling.	Would that
be drillable?  I'll need to do some filling, since the ships I'll
be basing are Renegade Legion tanks, with a hole in the top for
a turret.

While we're talking tips, I know some people use spray paints from
hardware stores instead of paints specifically for miniatures.	I
ran out of white primer and want some more, and I'd like to save
some bucks by going to Home Depot or something.  On the other hand,
I want it to not cover any details, to spray nicely, to cover the
surface nicely, and to do whatever other things are good for priming
miniatures.  I could experiment, but I'd like to do it to save
money, and if I buy one that doesn't work well, I'll have to buy
another can of something else.

Thanks,
andy

Prev: Re: Mini Figs Tip; Number Two..... Next: Re: Mini Figs Tip; Number Two.....