Prev: Uh oh.. Next: Re: DSII: VTOL Damage, Arty Direct Fire, Terrain's affect on GMS

DSII: VTOL Damage, Arty Direct Fire, Terrain's affect on GMS

From: Nils A Hedglin <Nils_A_Hedglin@c...>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 14:57:00 -0400
Subject: DSII: VTOL Damage, Arty Direct Fire, Terrain's affect on GMS

1) When a VTOL gets a damage chit, how is it handled?  The Aerospace
section states that VTOLs are treated as special ground units.	So
what happens to when one gets a Immobility result?  Does it drop to
the ground & become a very under-armored firing platform?  Can it
still hover?  I also assume that a Damaged result will 1/2 it's
movement & increase it's range band, as opposed to causing it to break
off like an Aerospace.
Just checking to be sure.

2) Does have anyone practical experience with modern artillery? A
friend & I have been engaged in an on going argument about whether or
not to allow direct artillery fire.  He keeps quoting that it was
quite common in WWII.  It keep rebutting that the much longer ranges
in today's artillery should allow it to avoid being overrun, unless
something is seriously wrong.  Does modern artillery still perform
direct fire missions (depress the gun & use the Mark I eyeball for
aiming)?  In particular, would this be an option if the artillery is
threatened by enemy troops?

3) Does Hull or Turret down affect GMS fire?

Thanks,
Nils

Nils_A_Hedglin@ccm.fm.intel.com
I am Pentium of Borg.  Division is futile.  You will be approximated.

Prev: Uh oh.. Next: Re: DSII: VTOL Damage, Arty Direct Fire, Terrain's affect on GMS