Prev: Re: OFF-TOPIC mini review B5 Wars Next: RE: Turned Tables...... (Fiction, long) Part 1

Re: DSII: Firer Down Chit for Infantry Question

From: "Magic 8-Ball this, Magic 8-Ball that .. answer your own damn questions!" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 15:57:19 -0400
Subject: Re: DSII: Firer Down Chit for Infantry Question

>I asked this question last week, but only got 1 response, & I'm not
>sure he understood my question.  What happens when an infantry stand
>with a heavy weapon (GMS/L or LAD) gets a Firer system chit?  Can the
>stand still fire?  Since the "system" that's down in implied to be the
>vehicle electronics, how does this translate to Infantry?

I'll take a stab at it, but I'm no expert at the rules.  ;-)

The way I'd interpret this is that the unit fired a dud or that the
weapon jammed and needs to be cleared (somehow). Since a 'systems
down' won't allow a vehicle to fire anything (I think not even APSW),
then perhaps this could be a reasonable explanation for infantry
(weapon jammed). Thus 'systems down' on a vehicle could imply weapons
(all of 'em ;-) are jammed, too (all of 'em?!?).

Mk
---
If the conquest of a great peak brings moments of exultation and bliss,
which in the monotonous, materialistic existence of modern times nothing
else can approach, it also presents great dangers.  It is not the goal
of
*grand alpinisme* to face peril, but it is one of the tests one must
undergo to deserve the joy of rising for an instant above the state of
crawling grubs.
				       -Lionel Terray, 1965

Prev: Re: OFF-TOPIC mini review B5 Wars Next: RE: Turned Tables...... (Fiction, long) Part 1