Prev: RE: FT Mini Question Next: Re: Babylon 5 Wars - Gotcha!

Re: Counters wanted

From: adrian@i... (Adrian Bruce)
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 23:39:24 -0400
Subject: Re: Counters wanted

What would people have in mind for DSII counters?

1" (2"?) square/round desert( or should that be in 2 backgrounds like
geo-hex terrain?) background with miniatures sized vehicles on them?

Just some Tanks, GEVs, Howizers, Powered Armour and VOTLs?

In different colors, or just in shades of gray so you could flood fill
the machines your own team colors?

Just a single sheet like the Mike Wikan B5 counters?

Is the sole purpose to turn the miniatures game into a boardgame and
save all that money and trouble ( and space!!) on minis and terrain?

Just a few questions from someone who could do counters, but is
having fun with the miniatures ( thank you geo-hex!) and wants to
know why....

I think Full Thrust can be done without loosing much by using
counters, but Dirtside II doesn't strike that way.... you may as well
just play it as a 'traditional' boardgame ( that must be the idea
right?).

And while I've got your attention... I was supprised at first to see
how 'vertically challenged' FT and DS miniatures are. Everything is
rather flat ... this is just saving metal by not wasting any one the
sides that you would normally see when playing, right?	The few
Battletech minis I have are more like 'real models' and not squashed
flat... did any of this also strick any of you?  I may just be
approaching all this from a rather different point of view (HA HA, one
too
close to the table!).

One last point:
   Jon, does Ground Zero Games take CREDIT CARDS yet????!!!!!

I've got the catalogue, but unless you accept yen or VISA, it is out
of the question to get anything from ya.....

	Adrian Bruce   adrian@inetc.roland.co.jp
	Science Fiction Fantasy Design and Implementation
	SF2D&I http://www.inetc.roland.co.jp/~adrian/

Prev: RE: FT Mini Question Next: Re: Babylon 5 Wars - Gotcha!