Prev: Re: Background Irrelevancy--and Poll (was Re: AIs and such...) Next: Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)

Re: even more off topic, Kryomek

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 17:19:15 -0400
Subject: Re: even more off topic, Kryomek

[snip]
>> Yes Scotia/Kryomek have now bought Grendel.	As far I'm aware in the
UK the
>> scarabs are avaiable from Scotia/Kryomek, possibly even under the
Grendel
>> label.
>
>Ok, I know this is REALLY off topic, but since Scotia bought Grendel,
>does that mean that they will be producing Leviathan(fantasy skrimish
>game) again? Does anyone have any information on this? It was a great
>game, with some DAMN good figures, and I was wondering if the rule set
>will be supported by Scotia.
>
>Gary A. Ballard
>gdaddy@misnet.com

AFAIK this is the situation:

Fantasy Forge folded a while after releasing Kryomek, and sold off the
KM
system rights, books and all the metal ranges to Scotia (who set it up
as a
separate company, Kryomek Holdings). Then the two Johns (Robertson and
Grant) who were FF started up again as Grendel, doing nothing but resins
(strangely including the chicken walkers, which I thought had been sold
Scotia with the KM deal...). Grendel produced Leviathan and the
associated
miniatures, in cooperation with Heartbreaker, and soon after this
Grendel
went toes-up (anyone notice a pattern here??). Scotia stepped in again
and
bought Grendel as a whole, including Leviathan. So now we have Scotia
doing
all the FF and Grendel stuff, including KM and Leviathan; AFAIK Simtac
have
been the US licensee for the whole lot all along, so for the US market
nothing much will have changed. John Robertson from FF/Grendel is now
working for Heartbreaker in the UK - it's certainly an incestuous little
industry over here... :)

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: Background Irrelevancy--and Poll (was Re: AIs and such...) Next: Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)