Prev: Re: [FT] Missile & Fighter Reloads Next: Re: Background Irrelevancy--and Poll (was Re: AIs and such...)

Re: Painting & Gluing Platics?

From: Stuart Murray <smurray@a...>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 1997 21:40:46 -0400
Subject: Re: Painting & Gluing Platics?

>I've got some small spaceships that I picked-up at a local video arcade
>[Aladdin's for Metro-Milwaukee, Wis. FT-ers].	They are made of the
kind of
>plastic used in making army men, dinosaurs, etc ... the kind you get 30
to a
>bag for a cheap price.  I guess you'ed call them Marx-type, but the
plastic
>seems greasier/lighter.
>
>I know most glues and paints don't work on them.  Any suggestions?
>
>john m huber

Wash them in a detergent solution to get rid of mould release stuff then
try priming with auto primer.  Thet used to work for my plastic stuff.

Stuart

Stuart Murray
Department Of Molecular Genetics
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
1300 Morris Park Avenue
Bronx
New York 10461
Tel: (718) 430 4289
smurray@aecom.yu.edu

Prev: Re: [FT] Missile & Fighter Reloads Next: Re: Background Irrelevancy--and Poll (was Re: AIs and such...)