Prev: Re: Spoiler Alert.......Omega Class DDs in B5 Next: Re: Wave, Nova, j-torps ... uberweapon imbalance?

Re: DSII: Vehicle Generation Programs

From: Donald Hosford <Hosford.donald@a...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 22:58:44 -0400
Subject: Re: DSII: Vehicle Generation Programs

Rick Rutherford wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Jul 1997, Phillip E. Pournelle wrote:
> >	  Still for a $15.00 program I hope there is something else on
the disk
> > with it.  If this system had all of the factors built in (oversized
> > vehicles, etc)  I might be persuaded to buy it, but only if there
are
> > other support programs on it.
>
> Yep -- a CD-ROM can hold 300 megabytes of stuff, and I certainly hope
that
> the DSII vehicle generator doesn't take up 300MB!
>
> The vehicle generator alone doesn't seem to be worth $15.00 to me.
> I'd hope that it would print out an index-card-size version of all the
> relevant vehicle statistics, including the vehicle's movement per turn
> given for all the different types of terrain.
>
> I'd also like to see a FT ship generator on the CD-ROM that you can
use to
> create ship designs and print out a ship diagram with all the correct
> symbols. Ideally, given a valid ship design, it should automatically
> create the diagram!
>
> I can dream, can't I?
> --
> Rick Rutherford
> rickr@digex.net
> Private Networks Group
> DIGEX Inc.

It most likely won't have that much on it.  I've seen collections cds
that had as little as 100k worth of stuff.  bummer :(

In my opinion, they shouldn't send out a cd unless it is full! 8-D

Donald Hosford

Prev: Re: Spoiler Alert.......Omega Class DDs in B5 Next: Re: Wave, Nova, j-torps ... uberweapon imbalance?