Prev: Re: Counters wanted Next: Spoiler Alert.......Omega Class DDs in B5

Wave, Nova, j-torps ... uberweapon imbalance?

From: "John M. Huber" <jhuber@o...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 18:54:36 -0400
Subject: Wave, Nova, j-torps ... uberweapon imbalance?

Okay,  uberweapons like WaveGuns seem neat.  However, have you ever had
a well
balanced, nasty-designed, fearsome force to be reconned with, fleet ...
set it
up ... and someone Waves, Novas or puts you between a pair of j-torps?

Big nasty weapons seem to take-away the feeling of fleet manuevering,
missile
chasing and the like.  Its no longer mano-a-mano, ship-to-ship, but just
a big
energy flush that washes away anything in its path.

Anyone else out there thinking the same way?
I would like to see it "cost" more to use these things.  How about a
percentage of the wave or nova blast washes back over the owner?
J-Torps can
bounce back?  Each time you fire a "biggie" roll Threshold on all
systems to
see if using the big weapon fries any of the ship's systems?

John "No, not my Wing of Divine Retribution!" Huber

Prev: Re: Counters wanted Next: Spoiler Alert.......Omega Class DDs in B5