Prev: DS2: Combat Walker movement rates Next: Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)

Re: FYI: located GW Space Fleet for Auction

From: Kevin Walker <sage@m...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 15:34:30 -0400
Subject: Re: FYI: located GW Space Fleet for Auction

>> ---------------------------------
>> E-mail bids to amory@hawaii.edu.
>>
>> Lot 7   Space Fleet.
>>	   Minimum Bid --  $15
>>	   Current Bid --  $0
>> ---------------------------------
>>
>> According to his message, a buy out can be arrange at twice the
minimum
>> bid, and  he expects shipping to be $3-5 on most items.  So, if
anyone is
>> looking for more Space Fleet ships, here's a possible avenue to
pursue.

>Was this the game Space Fleet (including 2 Eldar Wraithships, 2
>Imperial Gothic-class battleships, two pages of rules, and a lot of
>cardboard)?
>
>If you can get it for $15 (and the postage and money order costs
>aren't too steep), it is fine; but buying it out and paying $7.50
>each (plus postage and money order)  for four plastic ships seems a
>bit high.  (Converted via SEK to GBP, $7.50 (+ P&P + payment costs)
>almost buys me a fresh-cast metal starship model directly from Games
>Workshop! Why, then, pay almost as much for the plastic...?)

My thinking was similar, but I've already got a number of the
GZG/Geo-Hex
produced ships to finish putting together and painting, thus I shouldn't
be
buying any more for a couple more months.  I just thought someone might
want boxed game along with the ships.

According to the seller, the game box has never been open and is still
in
its original shrink wrap.

>Of course, if there were additional ships in the lot, the situation
>changes...

No addtional ships were mentioned.

Kevin Walker			 Mac Developer / Software Engineer
sage@millcomm.com
Rochester  MN  USA
PGP Fingerprint: 91D6 67EB 8899 C039 7B96  60E9 AFEA 45F4 4E98 D834

Prev: DS2: Combat Walker movement rates Next: Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)