Prev: Re: AIs are not human! (was Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)) Next: Re: AIs are not human! (was Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...))

FT: Missiles and Gas Tanks

From: Gerald McVicker <gmcvicke@w...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 14:13:18 -0400
Subject: FT: Missiles and Gas Tanks

I've got a real problem with this missile thing in FT.	 You guys talk
as
if the missile would "run out of fuel" during its flight.  What if the
ship
that launched the missile imparts its velocity?  Then the missile would
only use "fuel" for course corrections.  I think turning missiles during
the game  is kind of silly.  Just launch, move to target and roll for
ECM,
ECCM, Point Defense Systems and caculate damage.   I don't see how they
can
"run out of fuel".   Thats one of the less believable aspects of the
game,
besides the limited durability of "fighters".

Jerry McVicker

"Don't worry soldier, weapons will be available in a moment."