Prev: Re: AIs are not human! (was Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)) Next: Re: FT: Missiles and Gas Tanks

Re: FYI: located GW Space Fleet for Auction

From: Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@n...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 12:28:47 -0400
Subject: Re: FYI: located GW Space Fleet for Auction

On Thu, 17 Jul 1997, Kevin Walker wrote:

> ---------------------------------
> E-mail bids to amory@hawaii.edu.
>
> Lot 7   Space Fleet.
>	  Minimum Bid --  $15
>	  Current Bid --  $0
> ---------------------------------
>
> According to his message, a buy out can be arrange at twice the
minimum
> bid, and  he expects shipping to be $3-5 on most items.  So, if anyone
is
> looking for more Space Fleet ships, here's a possible avenue to
pursue.

Was this the game Space Fleet (including 2 Eldar Wraithships, 2
Imperial Gothic-class battleships, two pages of rules, and a lot of
cardboard)?

If you can get it for $15 (and the postage and money order costs
aren't too steep), it is fine; but buying it out and paying $7.50
each (plus postage and money order)  for four plastic ships seems a
bit high.  (Converted via SEK to GBP, $7.50 (+ P&P + payment costs)
almost buys me a fresh-cast metal starship model directly from Games
Workshop! Why, then, pay almost as much for the plastic...?)

Of course, if there were additional ships in the lot, the situation
changes...

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
 -Hen3ry

Prev: Re: AIs are not human! (was Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)) Next: Re: FT: Missiles and Gas Tanks