Prev: Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...) Next: Re: DSII: Vehicle Generation Programs

Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)

From: "Chris McCurry" <CMCCURR@v...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 11:32:51 -0400
Subject: Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)

> Third, okay, humans build an AI.  It gets lonely and builds another
AI,
and > another and another.  Computers think >a LOT faster than we do.

>Note _quite_ true. We've got about 100 billion neurons in our brains,
>each doing calculations in parallel. There's also about 1000
connections
>to each neuron, each in use simultaneously. That's a *lot* of MIPs...

>It's how those MIPs are used though which is the important bit.

As i see it speed would be hard to measure.
computers seem to be faster.. but I don't doubt for one second that the
human brain is not faster than the fastest
computer...

our flaw as I see it is recall.  while a computer retreves information
stored in it purfect about 99% of the time
a human brain has this fog called memory... where other informations can
get mixed in or parts left out.

which is what makes the computer a valuable asset.

now if computer and brain could be combined taking the best of both then
it
 would be possible to have one hell of
powerful being.

I think it is hard to say how fast a computer is to a brain or a brain
is
to a computer.. untill you can have both do
the same task ( like a benchmark).  only then could you get an accurate
portrail.

CMC

Prev: Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...) Next: Re: DSII: Vehicle Generation Programs