Prev: Re: AIs and such... Next: Re: FTL capable fighters (B5)

Re: Painting & Gluing Platics?

From: Peggy & Jeff Shoffner <pshoffner@e...>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 00:32:57 -0400
Subject: Re: Painting & Gluing Platics?

> I've got some small spaceships that ... are made of the kind of
> plastic used in making army men, dinosaurs, etc ...
> I know most glues and paints don't work on them.  Any suggestions?

If the plastic is what I think it is, Goop which has been mentioned
works
well, and I have been told that Hot Stuff Super "T" CA glue will work.
Apparently the plastic is a form of nylon, and regular CA glue won't
work.
As for paint, our local hobbyist suggested Ral Partha paint.  When I
looked
at him skeptically, he pulled out some BattleTech figs made from this
plastic
that he had painted.  I was surprised, it didn't flake off.  But this
paint
will cost you (of course).

Prev: Re: AIs and such... Next: Re: FTL capable fighters (B5)