Prev: Re: FTL capable fighters - Reply Next: Re: FTL capable fighters (B5)

Re: DSII: Vehicle Generation Programs

From: "W. Nitsche" <bnitsche@u...>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 13:39:45 -0400
Subject: Re: DSII: Vehicle Generation Programs

In defense of KR, I've seen the output of the program (or an earlier
rendition of it) at a local mini convention and it comes out very nice
and
accurate.  It'll be interesting to see what is bundled with it.  Also
realize that KR _is_ a businessman and would really like to be
reimbursed
for the time it took to produce it -- though I doubt it'll be a
money-maker.  Most of that $15 will be production/shipping costs anyway.

As for the advertising potential of putting it up on the website, it'd
be
like preaching to the converted -- those looking for it will be current
DS2 players who will already be purchasing either from Geo-hex or GZG
anyway (or a shop distributed to).  And when you order the program, you
might pick up a mini or two at the same time, a sale that might not
happen
if the program was available freely. ;) Besides, $15 isn't horrible --
the
Rolemaster character management program from ICE is in the $30 range,
though I admit it's a bit more complex.

If it helps, I'll volunteer to pick it up when it's finally published
and
write up a review for the list.

A temporally displaced		Bill Nitsche (bnitsche@u.washington.edu)
	hobbit			Oceanography, University of Washington

Prev: Re: FTL capable fighters - Reply Next: Re: FTL capable fighters (B5)