Prev: RE: Honor Harrington Question? Next: Fw: Re[2]: FTL capable fighters <<B5 Spoiler Alert, if you haven

Re: FTL capable fighters - Reply

From: "Matt" <maffu@d...>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 05:18:59 -0400
Subject: Re: FTL capable fighters - Reply

> Date: 	 Tue, 15 Jul 1997 17:54:33 +1000 (EST)
> To:		 FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> The rules do not mention this - how long before you can turn around
> and re-launch a fighter group? (Suggestion: 1-6 turns)
>
> If you can't turn around fighters, then the recovery rules a
> pointless except for campaign games.
>
> Just my 2cents worth.

	Well as far as re-launching fighters in battle, I made a chart
using
a standard 1D6 roll.  Based on the number of turns you wait before
trying to launch the fighters again.
	1 Turn (after recovery)- 1-3 Accident, fighter bay destroyed.
						4-5 Minor accident, play
next turn as if
						    fighters were
recovered this turn.
						  6 Fighters manage to
scramble, half endurance
	2 Turns- 1-2 Accident, fighter bay destroyed.
		    3-4 Minor Accident (see above).
		   5 Fighters scramble, half endurance.
			 6 Fighters scramble, full endurance (good work
guys!).
	3 Turns-   1 Minor, see above.
		    2-3 Fighters Scramble, half endurance.
		    4-5 Fighters Scramble
	4 Turns- Auto success, full endurance.

	Which of course means that if you REALLY need those fighters out

ASAP you can try, but there are big risks.  And if you feel you can
wait, the odds are greatly improved as time goes on (and the carrier
gets pounded most likely).  And of course, when the fighter bay is
destroyed due to the accident all fighters go boom with it.  Sorry,
had to add that in (spend too much time playing with GW games and GW
minded players).
		   "These three day workweeks are murder!"
				   --George Jetson

Prev: RE: Honor Harrington Question? Next: Fw: Re[2]: FTL capable fighters <<B5 Spoiler Alert, if you haven