Prev: RE: Honor Harrington Question? Next: RE: Honor Harrington Question?

Q? for Jon: DSII: Grav Vehicles

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 04:42:16 -0400
Subject: Q? for Jon: DSII: Grav Vehicles

Hello,
	I have a couple questions for Jon Tuffely:

	In StarGrunts II  the book says that Grav Vehicles can enter
combat in Low
Mode.  In Dirtside II we never hear about the difference between them.
How
high off the ground does a Grav/Repulsor vehicle operate?  Or was there
mix up VTOL craft?
	Grav Vehicles do operate at a certain hieght off the ground, can
they
conduct a pop-up maneuver in DirtSide II (for example at 1 level of
altidude)?  Can this be replicated in StarGrunts?  How would you do
this?
	Because Walker Vehicles have a +1 on their apparent size, I'm
assuming it
is for their height in the legs, can they peer over things?  For my size
7
Imperial ATATs (apparent size 8)  they are 1.5 height levels tall.  We
allow them to do "Hull Down" attacks behind low hills and tall
buildings.
I think that these vehicles should also be able to crouch behind
terrain.
Of course when they do this they cannot move...  Any thoughts on this?
	Phil P.

Prev: RE: Honor Harrington Question? Next: RE: Honor Harrington Question?