Prev: Artificial Intelligence in Full Thrust Next: Re: AI in FT ... again,...

FTL Capable Fighters

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 15:24:28 -0400
Subject: FTL Capable Fighters

As an ammendment to my last discussion on FTL fighters, the FTL
capability
should be purchased at the cost of a vehicle with 2 Mass, because a
carrier
would have to transport 2 mass per fighter.  So even if the fighter is
between
0.5 and 1 Mass each the point balance requires costing for 2 Mass.
  Additionally I would require that each FTL fighter be required to have
high endurance.  This not only makes sense, since it cannot reload, but
also
 makes the FTL fighter a little expensive to compensate for the fact
that a
carrier has to pay for its thrust rating as a capital ship.  This
combined with
the fact the FTL fighter has to have a hangar bay somewhere within 1
jump
 distance will compensate.

Prev: Artificial Intelligence in Full Thrust Next: Re: AI in FT ... again,...