Prev: Re:Honor Harrington Question? Next: Re: Jovian Chronicles and B5 Wars Minis:

Re: Starship Trooper Preview 2

From: Michael Llaneza <mllaneza@s...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 12:05:26 -0400
Subject: Re: Starship Trooper Preview 2

At 9:47 AM -0400 7/14/97, Joachim Heck - SunSoft wrote:
>Chris McCurry writes:
>
>@:) >>I'd love to see them do _The Forever War_ as a film,
>@:)
>@:) This is a great book and for anyone who hasn't read, you should.
>@:)
>@:) This would also be a good story to re-inact in dirt side II.
>
>  Forever War... (Yawn).  I'll take Armor, please.  Forget all those
>high morals, forget even the "big picture".  Who needs it?  Let's all
>just face it - what we really want is guys in armored suits killing
>bugs.	And bugs killing guys in armored suits.  Armor's got all that
>plus nuclear-powered suicide so what more could you ask for?
>
>-joachim

Armor has a bit more going for it that just bugs/suits killing
suits/bugs. I've long considered it to be more about psychological
armor than about powered combat armor.

Michael Carter Llaneza	  http://www.hypnotic.com/
Devolution is very real to me.

Prev: Re:Honor Harrington Question? Next: Re: Jovian Chronicles and B5 Wars Minis: