Prev: Re: Starship Trooper Preview 2 Next: Re: Scratch built ships

Re: FT Novels

From: Rick Rutherford <rickr@s...>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 10:20:08 -0400
Subject: Re: FT Novels

On Sat, 12 Jul 1997, Allan Goodall wrote:
> At 11:50 AM 7/10/97 -0700, you wrote:
> >I think that instead of full novels or compilations of storys (at
least
> >not at first...:)  )   How about including a short story or two in
each
> >product?
>
> Oh, yuck. Ick, pooh, blech. Unless you can get a REALLY good writer to
do up
> a decent story (and not just some Heinlein wannabe who can sort of
string
> two sentences together, but can't do dialogue, plot or
characterization to
> save himself), I'd rather see the space taken up with rules and ship
> designs. At least I'm likely to read those.

I second this -- there are too many mediocre science-fiction stories
being published right now, and it would be kind of sad to see space in
the Full Thrust rulebook taken up by yet another skim-and-forget short
story.

--
Rick Rutherford ----- rickr@digex.net ----- The above opinions are mine.
"I've seen collisions on fire off the side of the ethernet LAN.

All these things will be lost in time, like dropped packets. Time to
die."

Prev: Re: Starship Trooper Preview 2 Next: Re: Scratch built ships