Prev: Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...) Next: Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)

Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)

From: tmcarth@f... (Tom McCarthy)
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 13:26:00 -0400
Subject: Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)

I like Allan's assertion that an AI should take up less
mass/space/resources
than biological crew, but I have seen the future through the visionary
eyes
of Glenn Larson and Battlestar Galactica, where it took three AIs to run
fighter comparable to a human-piloted single-man attack craft.	As we
can
see. AIs that build other AIs get caught up in constraints like having
an
atmosphere such that they can communicate with each other vocally, in
carefully designing the displays of their spacecraft so that the AIs are
not
overcome by a flood of combat data, and designing controls which can be
manipulated easily and accurately by robots with rubber fingers.

Sorry.	I just ran a demo game yesterday, and the only participant
really
wanted my sage recollections of this television show he'd heard of but
was
too young to have watched...
Tom + Dana McCarthy

Prev: Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...) Next: Re: AI in FT (was Re: Be gentle...)